Sunday 29 January 2017

Wanderlust week03: Journalling with Flowers

I'm running late with my Wanderlust lessons as I spent so much time trying to get my LB portraits right. Luckily, this week we only have prompts and challenges, so I have time to catch up. Last week Wilna Furstenberg showed us three ways to create floral journal spreads. I deviated from the lesson a little bit in that I used stencils and acrylic paint to make my flowers, but I adopted the idea of journaling extensively with a white pen on a darker background.

My journalling is deliberately illegible - only I know what's in there. I think I first saw this type of journalling done by Effy Wild - it has the advantage of not having to worry about your handwriting being pretty and also you can make a very personal piece public this way. This journalling is only meant for the present moment, though - years from now I won't remember what it says, but that's ok.







Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.