Wednesday 9 November 2016

WOYWW #388: My first ATB and altered bottle

I'm a bit late with my WOYWW post this Wednesday as I've been glued to the telly watching the results of the US elections unfold. Whichever way you guys in the US voted, I think we all have to support the will of the majority of the American people and let's be cautiously optimistic. I don't think I would have voted Trump, but now I want nothing more than for him to prove me wrong. Now let's take a look around my desk this week, as that's what WOYWW is all about!

I've been working on my first ever ATB and my first ever altered bottle. I moved my work station into the kitchen to be closer to the sink. Here it is in action a couple of days ago:


I had just applied a layer of raw umber on the bottle waiting for it to dry a little before partially removing the top layer with a wet wipe. This is a very similar process to the one I used for my altered boxes in my previous post. The difference is that I used a crackle medium to crack the underlying layer of blue. Those of you in the UK might recognize this bottle! Let me know in the comments if you do! Hint; the night before it had stood on our dinner table to go with our sausages! And no, it's not ketchup!

Here are a few shots of the process and the final look against the backdrop of our autumn garden now full of colour of the fallen leaves.




The other project I want to share today is this MDF Artist Trading Block. First, I completely covered it with dictionary paper and then collaged some whimsy houses with my palette paper and painted the background with fluid acrylics. It looked a bit barren, so I splattered some white ink all over each side, which pulled it together a bit more. (Click on the photo to see the full size image.)


I also managed to catch Oreo in the garden and take this new shot, though it's very similar to the one I shared last week. He's checking out the birds on the trees again. There's nothing he loves more than doing that!

Thanks for coming over!
I will be visiting as many of you as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.