Wednesday 10 February 2016

WOYWW#349: Another pear canvas plus pancakes!!!

Happy Wednesday Everyone! I'm a bit late again linking up to Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground this morning for WOYWW.  There's not much on my desk at the moment as I am in-between projects, but I took this short video yesterday to show you what's normally going on there.



It was pancake day yesterday, so I made some to honour this great tradition. We ate them with honey and lemon. I strategically positioned them with the exercise bike in the background for this photo. You can't consume these without consequences to your waistline!


I have a project to share today as well. I originally made this canvas for a Wanderlust assignment but I went so far off the target that I couldn't really pass it off.  I did another version afterwards, closer to the still life that we were supposed to create. You can find it here.

I wasn't going to show this one, as I'm not entirely happy with it, but I think it's important to document every step of our journey, not just the ones that we're proud of. I used acrylics, a black stabilo all pencil for outlines, book paper for collaging, and a napkin transfer for the butterfly. There's also some stamping in the background. I reused an old 12" X 9" canvas, and I will probably reuse it again at some point in the future. I like how you can do that with canvases. 







 Thanks so much for visiting today! Happy WOYWW and Day After Pancake Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.