Tuesday 8 December 2015

Journal page with a modeling paste stamp

It's Tuesday again, so it's time to link up with Carolyn Dube's blog party Let's Play.

On this spread I experimented with a stamp I made from modeling paste and a stencil. The idea came from Carolyn's mini class 'Modeling Paste Stamps' which you can find here. This technique gives the stencil patterns a completely different look - kind of weathered and distressed. I'm sure I will use this method a lot in the future. Can you spot where I used the modeling paste stamp on my page?







This is the modeling paste stamp I used for this page. It was made using a Crafter's Workshop stencil and Liquitex Flexible Modeling Paste on black card. I used a brayer to spread the paint on top of the stamp. You get a different look if you apply a thicker layer of paint with a brush. You can reuse the stamp as often as you like, and you can even incorporate it in your artwork later with all the wonderful paint layers on it.  
Stamp made with modeling paste

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.