Wednesday 18 November 2015

WOYWW #337: Stencilled journal pages

Hello Deskers! I'm here again with my new WOYWW post to show you my work space. This photo was taken on Monday evening. Since then I have finished quite a few pages in my Play Journal using both home-made and commercial stencils. I wrote a tutorial about cutting your own stencils on the Cameo - you can find it here if you're interested. Now, let's take a look at my desk.


You can see a page in progress with a kingfisher stencil I cut from a copyright free image found on the Internet. The heart stencil above was similarly cut from cardstock. I used it on the ATC's lying next to my journal as well as on some of the pages. I sold my "artist quality" Cretacolor oil pastels and bought these inexpensive Gallery ones. I much prefer these! They're so much softer and the colours more vibrant - sometimes cheaper things are better! I showed you that Princeton Catalyst tool lying in the middle of my work space last week - I didn't realise just how much I will grow to love it! It's fantastic for spreading paint and gel medium and it wipes clean! It only cost £4.11 delivered from the US! Money well spent!

Now, let me show you the pages that I've been working on this past week. They all feature stencilling, which is a technique I'm getting quite addicted to. It's a quick and efficient way of adding imagery and texture to your pages. I'll also give you a closer look at those ATCs. They are only experimental pieces - I painted over something I didn't like. Just click on the first image to open the photo gallery and click your way through. Thanks for visiting and happy creating!

























No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.