Wednesday 21 October 2015

WOYWW #333: Altered journal cover II

I wasn't sure whether I was able to link up to this week's WOYWW, but I thought I can't possibly miss #333, so here I am! I managed to take a photo of my desk last night while working on a LifeBook page yet again. What can I say? Collaging and paper piecing always creates a big mess, as you can see:


Since I can't show you the finished page yet, I'm going to share with you another project I completed earlier, which is (yet another!) altered journal cover. This project came along out of curiosity when I bumped into a bottle of  DecoArt "antiquing cream" in Hobby Craft and had no idea how to use it. Intrigued, I bought it, thinking I'd do some research to find out more about it. This is what I found on YT, which also led me to discover Andy Skinner, Britain's answer to Tim Holtz!



Here's my project using a similar technique on an embossed journal. I first gessoed the cover, then applied black antiquing cream, followed by red iron oxide fluid acrylic by Golden. I also used some bronze gilding wax as a finishing touch, which works great on embossed surfaces. My journal cover is now completely transformed and almost unrecognizable!












Thanks for visiting today! If you would like to snoop around other crafty desks, just visit the Stamping Ground. You can also take part - just create a link to your blog post each Wednesday. Check out the rules here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.