Thursday 15 October 2015

LifeBook Catch-Up Week 32: You Are Worthy

As I was browsing the past lessons that I missed during my absence, I came across Tam's offering during week 32 of LifeBook. It is not so much the page, but the sentiment behind it that really spoke to me. The lesson comes with a healing exercise, where we work through our limiting beliefs, transforming them into liberating beliefs.

I've found this exercise extremely powerful, because often we are our own worst enemies when it comes to finding happiness. By identifying and understanding our limiting beliefs, we are able to change our attitudes and attract positive changes in our lives. My biggest limitation is the belief that I don't have the right to be happy while I see other people struggle and suffer. It's almost like I feel guilty for being happy, while other people are not, so I make myself feel unhappy on purpose. How silly is that?

Once I realized that  falling into depression and punishing myself out of empathy for other people does not serve any purpose, I gave myself the freedom to let these beliefs go (to fly above them, as the page depicts) and allow myself to be happy, because I know I deserve to be happy. As does everybody else! But here's the thing: nobody else can make you happy - only YOU can make you happy. Everybody is responsible for their own happiness. I am not responsible for other people's happiness. This revelation is hugely liberating for me!

I used these sentiments on my page to remind myself that I am worthy and I deserve to be happy. The design is completely Tam's - I just put my own spin on it with some small details. Hope you all can find your own happiness!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.