Friday 27 February 2015

WOIW: Beautiful

The word of inspiration this week over at the Kraafters Kommunity on Google Plus is BEAUTIFUL. I came across this quote "be your own kind of beautiful" and thought it would fit my page quite well.

I started out by collaging bits of a napkin on my page, then added blue and green gelatos (cotton candy and lime green) which I blended with gesso. Next, I applied a layer of white acrylics paint with a brayer to tone the colours down a bit further. On top of this layer I added a few drops of Golden's fluid acrylics in Quinacradone Nickel Azo Gold. This colour achieved the type of rusty look that I love so much.  Here are some photos of my process so far:

Collaged napkins

Gelatos added

White acrylics applied with a brayer

Golden's Quinacridone Cickel Azo Gold added
Next, I glued down a butterfly and the word 'papillon' cut from another napkin. To balance out the composition I decided to add another butterfly before stamping my quote with archival ink. As a finishing touch, I shaded my elements with a black Stabilo ALL watersoluble pencil and used a black Gelato to create a shaded border around the page. I also splattered some black ink all over the page.

First butterfly added







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.