Wednesday 31 December 2014

WOYWW #291: Looking forward to 2015 with excitement

Hello, deskers! Here it is - the last day of 2014 and the last WOYWW this year! I'll share a quick snap shot of my desk, and without further ado, I'll show you two of the projects I've been working on these past couple of days.

There's not much on my desk at the moment. It's ready for the New Year, eagerly awaiting the start of Lifebook 2015 tomorrow! That's my son keeping the seat warm for me. He said he wanted to be on my blog. Since I've got nothing else to show you on my desk, I thought he might as well make an appearance.


Project One: Calendar Page

I've finished my calendar page for January 2015, inspired by one of Tamara Laporte's classes: Lettering with Willowing.  It was part of the Honoring Your Present series (originally released as part of LifeBook 2012, I think).  I will fill this calendar in January recording my emotions/experiences in just a couple of words each day, thus honoring my present and practicing creative lettering at the same time.

If it goes well (and I have time), I might do the same for the following months as well. I really enjoyed creating this grid with 31 spaces for the days, and I can't wait to start filling it with words and doodles! For the first time in my life, I'm actually looking forward to the month of January! I'll post an update at the end of the month to show you the finished page!



Project Two: Art Journal Page

My second project started as a healing exercise, also part of the aforementioned Willowing class. Underneath the background is a whole page of hidden journalling. Tam walks you through a meditation process, which involves focusing on your body and identifying any negative feelings or discomforts. I had a lot of nervous tension in my body, caused by a feeling of apprehension about the future. By the end of the exercise this nervous energy miraculously transformed into a light fluttering sensation, much like you feel when you are excited! My page is representative of this sensation with butterfly and dragonfly wings and celebrates excitement for the future while letting go of apprehensions, so I can enjoy my present.

This is my second attempt at the background as I didn't like the first one I created. Luckily, I was able to save the face, which I copied from Tam's project and collaged over the background using dictionary papers, starting from scratch again. This pretty much obliterated my journalling layer, but it's enough for me to know that it's still there somewhere, which makes this page more meaningful to me. 

The instructions called for looking for shapes and lines within the image to fill with journalling. I wrote little positive messages to myself like "Let go of your fears" and "Turn anxiety into excitement". For stenciling the wings I used a 6x6" Crafters Workshop stencil with acrylic paints.

Have a wonderful time Everyone saying goodbye to 2014 and wishing you lots of excitement and creativity for 2015! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.