Sunday 2 November 2014

Sunday Sentiments #5: November 2014

Hello everyone! I've decided to turn Sunday Sentiments into a monthly occurrence rather than a weekly one as I have sooooo many other projects on my list, I can't keep up with my own schedule. But fear not, the link will be there for a whole month for each post and you can link more than one project if you want to! The new links will open every first Sunday of the month.

This month, as it is now November, I'm sharing a very girly page to celebrate my feminine side. Growing up, I was kind of a tomboy. I always played with boys, had sensible haircuts, never wore skirts and I didn't have one single doll, only teddies. In my teens and twenties, I always wore jeans and T-shirts, listened to alternative rock music - and generally thought of myself as someone too "cool" for girly stuff. It wasn't until my thirties that I became more feminine in my thinking and attitude. Now I embrace my femininity and probably overcompensate for the lost years! I love pink and purple, glitter, flowers, little hearts, pearls and sparkly things! OK, perhaps not to wear them, but I often use them in my art. This page is dedicated to all of you with a hidden princess inside!

My sentiment for November is a quote from a 1980's movie, The Princess Bride.

Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high.

I created this page in my altered calendar journal, which is filling up nicely. I used scraps of gelli prints for the background, added a magazine cut-out (which was too small to alter much) some prima flowers and pearls, copper stamps, some white doodling and a computer print of the quote. A very simple layout really, but I'm quite happy with the colours, especially that I didn't plan it beforehand. 

Hope you enjoy! If you would like to add your link, just scroll down to the bottom of the post and look for the blue button! You can find out more about Sunday Sentiments here. Happy November everyone! The next Sunday Sentiments will be published on December 7th.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.